“I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.”
The Foundation supports organizations that provide proven therapeutic interventions, family support services, and adaptive opportunities that improve the quality of life of children and youth with a broad range of disabilities or chronic health conditions.
Such supports include animal-assisted therapy, screenings for developmental delays, hospice care, high-quality education, and adulthood transition or independent living programs.
Portfolio Activity Categories:
- Adaptive Youth Formation: To provide unique experiences (camp, sports, etc.) adapted for each child’s ability level
- Early Childhood Intervention: To administer early screenings and therapeutic interventions
- Life Transition Services & Independent Living Support: To secure housing, employment and enriching experiences for youth transitioning into adulthood
- Patient & Family Support: To expand access to in-home care, financial support, service dogs, and other family resources
- Special Education: To increase access to specially-designed, high-quality education
- Therapeutic Programming: To provide high-quality therapy and specialized medical care
THE GOALTo support youth adversely affected by disabilities
- Increase access to ECI programs
- Increase access to specialty care, education and opportunities
- Increase animal-assisted therapy