“You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet: all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!”
– Psalm 8:6-9
The Foundation supports organizations that promote the ethical and humane treatment of animals. The Foundation prioritizes organizations that seek to prevent animal cruelty through rescue and rehabilitative care, as well as those that secure safe, loving, forever homes for companion animals.
At the community-level, the Foundation supports initiatives that ensure the city is safe for animals and residents.
Portfolio Activity Categories:
- Animal Maltreatment Prevention: To support law enforcement and animal welfare services focused on intervening in animal maltreatment
- Animal Rescue & Adoption: To place companion animals in permanent homes
- Animal Welfare System: To empower public and private systems that ensure animal and community well-being
- Animal Well-being: To ensure animals receive proper nutrition and wellness services
- Spay/Neuter Procedures: To control the animal population through spay and neuter surgeries
THE GOALTo promote the ethical and humane treatment of companion animals
- Reduce animal cruelty
- Make Dallas a no-kill city for companion animals
- Promote adoption of stray and surrendered companion animals